Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Back to School

Well, after a semester off, I’m back at college.  Now, I’m not going to say that I’m not the sort of person to ramble about my life (I’ve got a blog for it that I’m trying to reboot here), but I really don’t want to make a habit about doing so here.  So why am I going on about school?  Well, because this blog is about projects and writing I’m working on, and since I’m an English for New Media major, this is relevant.

I’m taking four classes (at the moment; I need to try to find a fifth) at the moment: Foundations of English for New Media, Contemporary Myth and Media, J.K. Rowling, and Creative Writing.  I’m loving them all so far (based on two class—jumping to early conclusions much?).

Anyway, while the J.K. Rowling class seems like it’ll be pretty cool, the two I want to go into most are the Contemporary Myth and Media class and the Creative Writing one.  In fact, my Creative Writing class is actually the spark for this blogpost, as we’re required to do some journaling/blogging for it.  And hey, why not try for the three-a-week that’s required for an A?

So I’m going to be moving to this blog, which is specifically for the class (since it’s supposed to be for that purpose and that purpose alone) and reposting some of the posts here.  I’m also going to be moving to another one for my Foundations of English for New Media class, which will update once a week.

Anyway.  Yes, right.  My classes.  I’m probably going to be going on about them some because I’ve got a class on English and New Media (which is what I’m interested in looking in to), a class on myth and mythology (which should help me develop me Warrior, Wizard some), and Creative Writing (which should help me write creatively a bit better).  It really says a lot that I get to study Harry Potter and it’s probably my least favorite class this semester.

So yeah, be looking forward to a lot of posts as I go into blogging overdrive this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment