- Learn how to code in Ren'Py so that I can actually write the VN.
- Write the events up to Caper's death, since that's where everything will finally start branching. Of course, since this is all from Poe's perspective, almost all of this will be made up of completely new scenes that will require me to work on developing at least one character who got virtually no screentime in the blog.
- Figure out the general storyline for each "path." I have an idea for what I want for the paths, but no real knowledge of how I want them to go beyond the one that Don't Shoot The Messenger eventually followed.
- Work on a general progression of "scenes." What scenes are involved in which paths, and what scenes are part of all paths?
- Figure out what choices will need to be made along each paths. Basically, make a flowchart for the entire game.
- Write it. And then rewrite it, rinsing, lathering, and repeating until I'm satisfied.
I'm starting to wonder if this is even worth it, considering that by the time it's done, DSTM will probably be irrelevant and I don't know if the story can even stand well enough on its own. I think it'd be an amazing story, but it has the potential to be extraordinarily dependent, meaning that the potential audience would be tiny. Oh well.